Saturday, August 14, 2010

More bagels!



If I don't watch out, my family is going to expect fresh, hot bagels for breakfast every Saturday morning!  I've made a couple different variations, both of which we have enjoyed.  Peter Reinhart gives instructions for making cinnamon raisin bagels in BBA, so I gave those a shot last weekend.  And this morning I made asiago cheese bagels.  Both variations were excellent.  I did order some diastatic malt powder, and it seems to add that "bagel flavor" that we were missing before.  Unfortunately, I couldn't buy it locally so I had to buy an entire pound of it on Amazon.  I wish I had some local baking friends to share it with because I'm pretty sure it will take me years to use that much, even if I do keep making bagels every week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look soooooo yummy! Nice job!