Tuesday, September 7, 2010

9/6/2010 - English Muffins

What better bread to make for a lazy Labor Day at home than English muffins? The formula was easy, and the muffins were ready in plenty of time for breakfast-for-lunch. I had fun making these. The dough is mixed, kneaded, raised, and shaped into buns for the final proofing. Then the muffins are cooked on a griddle for 5 minutes on each side, and then popped in the oven to finish baking. Easy, fun, yummy.

My English muffins weren't quite where I wanted them, and I think it was because my dough was too stiff. They didn't really spread on the griddle the way they were supposed to, so we ended up with very fat, dense, muffins. We still enjoyed them, but I'll be revisiting this one.
Even with thicker than desired English muffins, McDonald's has nothing on these.

No comments: